A Disconnected Side Part is another classic 1950s hairstyle that’s recently made a comeback…but nowadays there’s much less hair on top and a certain edge those previous generations just didn’t have. The Disconnected Side Part style requires a cut that’s cut close and high, with a shaved in part to keep the sides separate.
How To Cut A Disconnected Side Part Video Tutorial
Let Uppercut Deluxe Ambassador barber Tommy J demonstrate how to cut and style a disconnected side part topped off with a high quiff using Uppercut Deluxe Featherweight. This step-by-step video teaches you the tricks of the trade so that you can cut a Disconnected Side Part hairstyle with ease. Follow along at your own pace.
Why choose Uppercut Featherweight
One of our barbers’ favourite products, Uppercut Deluxe Featherweight provides a natural hold, and won’t weight your hair down like other waxes. It’s no nonsense, and versatile enough to use on a range of different men’s hairstyles. With plenty of tack, this is a water-soluble wax that’s great for a textured style, but washes out easily at the end of the day. It’s the perfect choice when cutting a Disconnected Side Part for your clients.
What you will need
- Uppercut Deluxe Featherweight
- Quiff roller - Shape your desired hairstyle with our rounded Quiff Roller – it’s perfect for creating volume where you need it.
- Comb - Use the comb to form the general shape of the hairstyle prior to cutting.
- Barber’s scissors: Always have sharp barber’s scissors that suit your cutting style.
- Barber’s clippers: Use clippers with a short blade to carefully cut along the part line.
Uppercut Deluxe was made for barbers, by barbers, so we know what you need. All of our waxes have been specially formulated to provide barbers with the best styling products on the market. If you’re considering Uppercut Deluxe for your barbershop, please contact us here.